Friday, July 12, 2013

ED Dreams

Well, I've entered the phase where all I want to do is exercise all day. I haven't yet built the stamina for that, and my body is making sure that I'm aware of it.

I love to run. The sights, the smells, the sense of travel. It's so euphoric. But I've been cursed with horrible shins--every cross country season, I've ended up with a few stress fractures. I'm trying to slowly build up my bone strength by running a pathetic 1 mile every other day. But my shins still hurt. And I've only ran for about a week.

And then I found the elliptical machine at the gym. That baby feels like I'm running through water. Slow and sluggish, but surprisingly pain-free and fun. Today, I swore to myself that I wasn't leaving the gym until I burn 500 Calories. I did this with about 1 mile of running (treadmill) for a little more than 100 Cal, 3 miles of elliptical for about 320Cal, and then biked until I spent about 100Cal. I felt dizzy during the end of the elliptical, and my vision started to fade. I told myself "Breathe! Breathe! Get that O2 to the head!" I might have subconsciously slowed down a little, but it was enough to not completely black out.

When I returned home, I was feeling alright. My Calf muscles were sore, but nothing too bad. The only bad thing was the dream during my nap shortly after settling down on my bed. I don't remember much about the dream, only that I was binging on GIANT marshmallows, running through the neighborhood around the gym and purging in a bunch of trashcans throughout. The strange part was explaining why I was throwing up to my friends as they wandered around the neighborhood.

By the time I awoke, I felt like I actually did binge/purge a bunch of marshmallows. I felt like I still had a giant lump of them in my stomach. It killed my appetite for a few hours. I can't stand how marshmallows feel in the stomach. They taste disgusting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment