Monday, August 12, 2013

Back from Vacation

I went to visit family in Switzerland, and I fell in love with the country. It's so beautiful with the mountains, lakes, and architecture, oh, did I forget to mention the abundance of hot guys?

The food was delicious, and I could tell that the Europeans take much more pride in their culinary arts than the Americans. Everything I ate even felt "cleaner" to me, but I'm not sure if it's due to the lack of additives and preservatives, or if I developed a bias towards European food.

The unfortunate thing is that I ended up gaining weight on the trip (big, sarcastic gasp!). It's only two pounds, but that put me back on my plateau weight that I worked heard to break through. All well. Two weeks in Europe is worth two pounds. (I'd draw the line at six pounds, and I feel pathetic about that).

And now my big concern is the next year of college. I move in on the 29th, meaning I have 17 days (including today) to drop as much weight as I can. I dream of dropping 6lbs by then, but that seems unrealistic for me.

Food plan: Avoid all sweets and simple carbs for the next two weeks and exercise as much as I can. If I have two weeks to kick my ass into shape, NOW is the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment